I’ve visited garlic festivals in Gilroy, Saugerties, Lautrec, and on the Isle of Wight as flavorful research for a book I’m writing on the history of garlic. I’ve also planted 180 cloves of garlic in my Hudson Valley backyard (with an emphasis on the spicy varieties of Eastern Europe). Please join me on my journey to eat, cook, and learn about garlic in my neighborhood and around the world. And please share your favorite garlic recipes. I’m also a travel writer and author of Catalog: The Illustrated History of Mail Order Shopping.
- The Know-Nothings
- Cool New Purchase!
- Happy National Garlic Month!
- Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
- Garlic: An Edible Biography is Here!!!
- Fun in London with Simon and Carolyn
- Garlic: An Edible Biography (8 days and counting!)
- Garlic: An Edible Biography “T minus 9”
- Garlic: An Edible Biography (T minus 10)
- Garlic: An Edible Biography “T minus 11”