>The country’s second largest garlic festival is the Hudson Valley Garlic Festival in Saugerties, New York. The New York festival features a wide array of garlic varieties unlike Gilroy which spotlights only California White Garlic. I went to the second day of the festival but next year, I’ll go on the first day because on the second day, many of the exhibitors are hung-over from their annual first night get-together. Freud, not a big fan of American culture, would have hated the festival. The father of psychoanalysis once told a patient, “You Americans are like this. Garlic’s good. Chocolate’s good. Let’s put a little garlic on chocolate and eat it.” A Hudson Valley festival favorite is local chocolatier Oliver Kita’s luscious Garlic Truffles. Kita also whips up Roasted Garlic Caramels for Halloween.
- The Know-Nothings
- Cool New Purchase!
- Happy National Garlic Month!
- Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
- Garlic: An Edible Biography is Here!!!
- Fun in London with Simon and Carolyn
- Garlic: An Edible Biography (8 days and counting!)
- Garlic: An Edible Biography “T minus 9”
- Garlic: An Edible Biography (T minus 10)
- Garlic: An Edible Biography “T minus 11”